Who you are is stable, enduring, consistent, lasting, set from an early age, highly influenced by nature.
How you are doing with who you are is variable, inconsistent, temporary, fleeting, and highly influenced by your choices.
Knowing the difference is one of the strongest indicators of maturity.
Confusing these two is the slippery slope to a life lacking clarity, purpose, responsibility, balance, and satisfaction.
Who you are is about…
- How you are built
- Your personality structure
- Your core values
- What motivates you
- How you perceive the world
- Your distress patterns
- Your formative influences
- Your potential
- Your “human resources”
How you are doing with who you are is about…
- How you are using your personality to be effective
- Emotional intelligence
- Mood management
- Relationship and communication skills
- Leading yourself
- Maximizing your potential
- Stewardship of your “human resources”
Don’t use who you are as an excuse for how you are doing with who you are. One you can’t change. The other is up to you.
Want help discerning the difference and making the most of what you’ve been given? We can help. Give us a call.