When we founded Next Element in 2008 we took special care to define the qualities of our ideal client. Although we have evolved and matured as a company, nothing has changed in what we look for. Here’s our list.
- Value long-term relationships with advisors or consultants
- Hold themselves accountable for their actions and inactions
- Able and willing to use NE regularly and at increasing levels of depth as relationship develops and they experience value.
- Have vision for culture change and long-term impact at multiple levels in the organization.
- Shares the following philosophies
- Open to change, even when it’s uncomfortable
- Desire to leverage diversity
- Desire to be change agents in their field and communities
- Courage to confront resistance to forward progress
- Appreciate the value of social and emotional intelligence in leadership
- Value metrics and outcomes-informed work
- Value sustainability, proficiency, and practical application of skills.
- Actively refer and facilitate new partnerships.
What’s on your list?
What qualities of a client would give the best chance of success for both of you?
When you look for professional services, what do you look for in a provider?
Will you share your comments?
Copyright 2016, Next Element Consulting, LLC
Get our latest book Conflict Without Casualties: A Field Guide for Leading With Compassionate Accountability. This book is the foundation for our Leading Out of Drama program, a comprehensive system for building cultures of compassionate accountability.